Saturday, March 7, 2009

Today is Saturday didnt get much sleep last nite so Im really tired. But no matter what, ya gotta make a living. I will be glad when all this snow melts and it warms up 20 or 30 deg.
My donkeys can hardly get around the corral with snow up to there knees. I have some of my grandparents favorite recipes I would like to share with other bloggers that like good food.

Theres nothing like Grandmas country cooking.

Here is one of my favorite grandma made for us grandkids while we spent the summer on the farm in Montana,I hope you have a chance to enjoy it.
Chicken-Broccoli Casserole
3lb. frying chicken
2- 10 oz pkgs. frozen broccoli or 2 bunches of fresh broccoli.
1 cup mayonnaise
2- 10 3/4 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup.
1/4t curry powder.
1T lemond juice
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
1/2 cup bread crumbs.
1T melted butter.

Stew chicken, cool and bone. Steam broccoli until tender,drain Grease an 11x7 in casserole. Place chicken on the bottom broccoli on top. Combine mayo, soup, curry powderand lemon juice.
Pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with a mixture of cheese and bread crumbs comined with butter.
Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. It is suppose to serve 6 people but between grandpa and me we could eat it all by our selves.

Well try it I think you will like it. Thanks enjoy it with good company

No comments: