Friday, May 15, 2009

Fly Away Home.

Well hows life been treating everyone, since I was here last, lots have happened but the neatest thing was taking care of newly hatched Canadian Geese.

Here is the story on April 1, 2009 6 goose eggs were brought to me, the parents had died and the eggs were starting to hatch so I put them in my brooder just to see if they would finish hatching and surely enough they did, and now 2 weeks later they all weigh 4 pounds, there huge.

I will keep them another six to 8 weeks untill they are fully feathered and then take them all down to this pond where there are other ducks and geese and hopefully they will find a friend to fly away with and live happy lifes.
I will keep all of you posted, In the mean time I suggest never try to mess with mother nature.

No comments: